Commercial Gallery Attendant and Graphic Designer at Swirl Fine Art
- Posted by swirlfineart on November 23rd, 2011
Part time Employment Opportunity at Swirl Fine Art & Design
Position: Commercial Gallery Attendant
Terms: Saturdays 11:00am – 4:00pm and as needed – permanent
Deadline: Monday, November 28th, 2011
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
• Gallery attendants must be interested in art and able to talk about art with gallery visitors (good communication skills are essential.)
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Cash handling and debit/credit card experience.
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, QuickBooks and graphic design software
• Confident in use of hand tools.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create brochures and artist cards with graphic design software
• Handling enquiries by telephone, in person and through emails.
• Opening and closing of the gallery
• Insuring the safety and security of the art while in the gallery
• Handling and packing/unpacking works of art.
• Gaining a comprehensive knowledge of each exhibition by reading the catalogue and related information to be able to answer queries from visitors.
• Preparing invoices and sales receipts for clients
• Daily maintenance of gallery including cleaning of surfaces and floors, replacement of bulbs
• Photographing and hanging of art works in the gallery
• Ability to make minor modifications to digital photographs in Photoshop.
• Catalogue and post merchandise on website.
• Assist Gallery with events and initiatives as necessary
Application process: candidates can submit an application in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications for this position should include a cover letter and resume, describing in detail relevant computer knowledge and experience. We thank all applicants for their interest however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.