Dome and Presentation Theatre Supervisor at TELUS SPARK
- Posted by TELUS Spark - t... on April 19th, 2012
Start Date: Immediately
Application Deadline: Monday, April 30th, 2012
Detailed Job Description is attached.
The multi-purpose 164 seat Presentation Theatre serves primarily as an educational venue, hosting an ongoing program of powerful works related to specific sections of school curricula. Energy, environment, crime scene investigation, art and illusion, electricity, sound and music some of the themes. The theatre includes a 24-foot screen with a 3D ready HD digital projection system and stunning audio.
The 246 seat Digital Dome theatre is opening in May 2012 and incorporates the latest technology, projection and audio systems. The Dome Theatre’s Digistar 4 is the world's best-selling and most advanced full dome digital theater system. Digistar 4 can play back the latest full dome shows, including giant screen film transfers for amazing digital cinema experiences. Also, Digistar 4 is all about astronomy and science. The software contains the most comprehensive set of astronomical data ever assembled, including the fully integrated Digital Universe data set from the American Museum of Natural History and NASA.
• Digital film administration and vendor liaison
• Dome and Presentation Theatre scheduling, maintenance, ushering and guest services
• Manage and influence budget, planning and financial administration for the theatres
• Forecasting and reporting on theatre attendance and financial metrics
• Working with a multi-disciplinary team including specialists in Audio Visual, IT, Guest Services and Content who report into other departments.
• Related post-secondary education.
• Experience as a Theatre Manager, preferably a location running digital films.
• Effective verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
• Strong ability to get work done through others and use of influencing skills
• Strong team player, with sound judgment, who is also able to work independently.
• This fulltime, permanent position requires a reliable candidate with a flexible schedule as shifts will include evenings and weekends.
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Supervisor Dome Theatre" in the email subject line.
No telephone calls will be accepted. TELUS Spark is an equal opportunity employer and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
|Dome & Presentation Theatre Supervisor April 2012.pdf||147.44 KB|