Executive Director, Alberta Magazine Publishers Association
- Posted by albertamagazines on July 15th, 2011
Deadline to apply: August 5, 2011
The Alberta Magazine Publishers Association is looking for a highly skilled professional to take the helm. As executive director, you will provide overall management and leadership in the implementation of a varied set of programs and services, under the direction of a Board of Directors.
AMPA is a non-profit, member-based association that works to support Alberta’s magazine publishing industry. Services that AMPA provides include professional development workshops, an annual conference, promotional campaigns, networking events and support for internships, and travel bursaries.
Your job as executive director is to plan, execute and evaluate all of the programs and services that AMPA offers. You will need to do so in a manner consistent with the mission and goals of AMPA and under the direction of a Board of Directors. You will also need to respond to the changing needs of your membership, while fulfilling obligations to sponsors and funders.
As the leader of a small group of staff and volunteers, you will provide both managerial direction and be involved in day-to-day operations.
- Implement Board policies and decisions;
- Organize regular board and committee meetings;
- Write government grants; ensure grant reports and deadlines are met;
- Ensure sound accounting procedures are followed and reported on;
- Help create and maintain an annual budget;
- Administer funds;
- Manage staff, contractors and volunteers;
- Organize and ensure the successful execution of events such as workshops, webinars, an annual conference and an annual awards gala;
- Evaluate the success of programs on an ongoing basis to ensure they meet the needs of members and the priorities set out by the Board;
- Liaise, communicate and collaborate with stakeholders as needed.
- University degree in a related field
- Experience in managing a non-profit association and working with a board
- Exceptional project and financial management skills
- Exceptional communication skills; written and verbal
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Experience in initiating, planning, implementing and evaluating programs and services
- Experience in writing funding applications and working with funding agencies
- Experience in magazine publishing preferred.
Candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 5, 2011.
|AMPA_executive director_Job Posting.pdf||74.55 KB|