Graphic Designer Wanted
- Posted by PARK on December 31st, 2010
GRAPHIC DESIGNER WANTED
PARK - "Promoting Artists, Redefining Kulture” is a non-profit organization, run by a group of young Calgarian artists, who promote and support fellow emerging artists and fashion designers in the community. PARK aims to provide events and spaces that give artists the opportunity to showcase their talents without charging vendor or commission fees. Through this, our goal as an organization is to expand and encourage the development of an art culture within our thriving metropolis. Semi-annually we host PARKSHOW- a fashion, music and art exhibition and annually we host PARKSALE an outdoor artesian sale free for all involved.
Currently we are looking for a talented individual to become a part of our team as our Graphic Designer. The role of this individual includes but is not limited to:
• Analyzing target market & developing concepts for event campaigns
• Developing print, web and video advertisement
• Art direction of events
• Assisting with direction for photo shoots
• Creating promotional material (sponsorship packages, business cards etc.)
• Website Layout, Design & Development (not mandatory but considered an asset)
• Any other graphic design work in collaboration with PARK that would also be useful for the graphic designer for their portfolio*
*We welcome new ideas and suggestions!
The successful candidate should be creative, extremely passionate about the fashion and arts community, work well with a team and be punctual with deadlines. Team meetings usually occur once every 2-3 weeks where attendance is encouraged but not mandatory. This position is voluntary as we are a non-profit organization. This opportunity is a great way to make contacts in the fashion and art industries, gather some credible references, and expand your portfolio.
If you are interested in applying, please provide us with a brief resume and samples of previous work.
Applications (or inquiries) can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is January 30, 2011
For more information about PARK please visit us online at ourparkonline.com or find us on www.facebook.com/ourPARKonline