Calgary Arts Development is pleased to announce the first intake of applications to InvestYYC; a crowdfunding website exclusively for Calgary-based artists and arts organizations to raise funds, find volunteers and generate awareness.
Applications to InvestYYC will be accepted and assessed on a monthly basis. The first application deadline is Thursday, January 31, 2013. Guidelines and application will be available following the info sessions listed below.
Interested applicants are encouraged to attend an InvestYYC info session on one of the following dates:
Monday, January 14, 1:00pm - 2:30pm
Thursday, January 17, 6:00pm - 7:30pm
Both sessions will take place in the Calgary Arts Development Arts Co-Lab in Art Central (L12, 100 7th Ave. SW).
Info sessions will provide details about how to apply and how to make your project successful on InvestYYC. Please RSVP below:
- Posted December 21st, 2012
Submission Deadline: 4:00pm on January 24, 2013
- Arts Plan Report Design (by May 27, 2013)
- Calgary’s Arts Plan is the long-term strategy for arts development and investment in Calgary and a legacy of Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada. The successful applicant will design a report, for print and online use, that will communicate the results of the Arts Plan process. For additional information, visit ArtsPlan.ca.
- Accountability Report Design (by May 20, 2013)
- Calgary Arts Development’s Accountability Report is produced annually as an overview of the organization’s activities and achievements. The successful applicant will design the report for print and online use. For past examples, visit CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com/Publications.
- Other Design (as needed from February - June 2013)
- The successful applicant may be required to design smaller-scale items such as postcards, web graphics, etc.
- Refresh of Calgary Arts Development Identity and Brand (TENTATIVE - by September 30, 2013)
- The successful applicant will work to refresh the Calgary Arts Development identity and brand by providing the following services:
- Creation of Calgary Arts Development brand story;
- Creation of refreshed Calgary Arts Development logo;
- Alignment of CalgaryArtsDevelopment.com to refreshed identity;
- Creation of templates to align future print materials (reports, documents) to refreshed identity;
- Alignment of sub-brands and programs to refreshed identity (CalgaryCulture.com, Arts Champions Congress, Calgary Poet Laureate, LiveRush);
- Posted December 17th, 2012
The Cultural Leaders Legacy Artist Awards were established by Calgary 2012 and its co-chairs, Doug and Lois Mitchell, with the intention of creating a legacy of Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada. Each Cultural Leader Legacy Artist Award is supported jointly by a donor and Calgary 2012.
Each award recipient will receive a $5,000 cash award. Award recipients will be announced at the Mayor's Lunch for Arts Champions on Thursday, February 21, 2013.
Nominations are invited in the following award categories. Please see the linked award guidelines and nomination forms for further details. Read more »
- Posted December 12th, 2012
In May of 2012, Calgary Arts Development embarked on a yearlong process to create a comprehensive strategy for arts development and investment in Calgary. The Arts Plan process was made possible through funding from Calgary 2012 and will be a major legacy of Calgary's year as a Cultural Capital of Canada.
In Phase III, we will be convening a series of summits in early 2013 that will bring together experts and practitioners in the city’s arts sector to craft informed and visionary targets and strategies for the arts. Three delegate sessions will take place:
- January 26, 2013 from 9am - 3pm at the University of Calgary Downtown Campus Event Centre (906 8th Ave. SW)
- February 21, 2013 from 2pm - 8pm at the BMO Centre (1410 Olympic Way SE)
- March 23, 2013 from 9am - 3pm at the University of Calgary Downtown Campus Event Centre (906 8th Ave. SW)
Our goal is to work with delegates to build a unified vision with clear goals, plans and collective action. Rest assured, this is not “another consultation.” These will be working sessions to draft the core of the final document. We aim to create something that inspires the community to come together with one voice on June 5, 2013 at a public meeting of The City of Calgary’s Standing Policy Committee on Community and Protective Services.
Public participation is crucial to the creation of Calgary’s first comprehensive Arts Plan. There has never been a better opportunity to articulate and realize an ambitious vision for the future of the arts in Calgary.
Capacity for these sessions is limited. Delegates will be selected on the basis of their expertise and their expected contributions to the process. We will also work to ensure that a diversity of voices and experience is represented in the Phase III process. To apply to participate, please fill out the form below by January 14, 2013. Applicants should commit to attending all three sessions if possible. Successful applicants will be notified by January 16, 2013.
- Posted December 7th, 2012
11:45am, session starts at 12:00pm
100 7th Avenue SW
- Carroll Joynes, Ph.D., Research Fellow, Cultural Policy Center, University of Chicago
- Joanna Woronkowicz, Ph.D., Research Associate, Cultural Policy Center, University of Chicago