The Company Manager will be responsible for the effective management of operations associated with company dancers and guest artists.
AS A MEMBER OF THE ALBERTA BALLET TEAM, PROVIDE LEADERSHIP THAT:
• Demonstrates and models behaviors that reflect and support our strategy.
• Communicates our mission and values to all stakeholders.
• Provides for a comfortable and safe place to work.
• Motivates and develops direct and indirect reports.
• Contribute to good inter-departmental communications and interpersonal relations.
• Coordinate travel logistics, schedules and bookings for all dancers, staff, production personnel and guest artists for all tours as well as the annual Company audition tour.
• Create final reports on completion of engagements and/or touring, as required.
• Ensure that Alberta Ballet develops and delivers all programming within the guidelines of the Canadian Actors Equity Alberta Ballet Agreement.
• Maintain dancer records of overtime, costume and photo calls, health and safety, sick days, personal days.
• Advise dancers on matters relating to their physical welfare – emergency services and medical advisors and filing accident report forms (WCB).
• Assist and advise foreign dancers and guest artists with all relevant applications/work permits and clearance forms related to their employment with Alberta Ballet. Coordinate all TFW applications and when necessary assist applicants with their permanent residence applications (PR).
• Travel with the company on tour as chief organizer and give full support to all personnel on tour.
• Coordinate and supply information to the rehearsal assistants for the performances of The Nutcracker whether in Calgary or on tour.
• In working with the Alberta Ballet Development Department research, secure and contract suppliers and ‘in-kind’ suppliers for all required travel and medical needs.
• Work with the Development Department to arrange benefits for all “in kind” suppliers.
• Coordinate all logistical support for, physiotherapists, doctors and chiropractors, etc. for all dancers and guest artists.
• Manage and report on budgets associated with company dancers, guest artists and all accommodation, travel and per diem.
• Liaise with local presenters, local publicists, theatre managers, corporate sponsors and government officials while on tour.
• On occasion review performance settlements, collect performance fees and make bank deposits.
• Collect relevant information relating to Alberta Ballet performances as required.
• Assist in negotiations with Canadian Actors Equity and represent the best interests of Alberta Ballet.
• Prepare dancers contracts and all administrative support associated with dancer’s engagements.
• Act as the representative of Alberta Ballet for the “Wellness Initiative” project.
• Coordinate comp ticket requests for all artists and production personnel.
Other duties as required.
The Company Manager reports to the Director, Production & Touring.
Please send your resume and cover letter to Samantha Jobin firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls please.