- Posted by Stagecoach Calgary on July 29th, 2012
Dance, Acting, Music Teachers Wanted!!!
StageCoach Theatre Arts – Calgary, AB
StageCoach Theatre Arts is the world's largest network of performing arts
schools. We are looking for teachers of singing, dance and drama to join our team in our brand new Calgary location. Positions available this Fall.
StageCoach runs classes for 4 to 16 year olds on Saturdays alongside the school year. Please see our website, www.stagecoachschools.ca for more info about the program. The Calgary locations will be added in August.
To provide fun and educational one hour classes to groups of children.
Experience in performing arts
Previous teaching experience an advantage
Good knowledge of musical theatre repertoire
How to Apply:
Please send resume with a cover letter and state which position(s) you are interested in applying for, to email@example.com.
- Posted by Herringer Kiss ... on July 26th, 2012
Herringer Kiss Gallery is looking for applicants who are mature, dependable and able to work independently. Candidates must have uncompromising workmanship and attention to detail, along with an up-to-date knowledge of fine art conservation framing techniques and products.
Knowledge of fine art an asset.
Hours are quite flexible - position may be full-time or part-time depending.
Please submit a resume in person to The Herringer Kiss Gallery at 709A 11 Avenue SW
- Posted by ahendry on July 25th, 2012
Alberta Theatre Projects is one of Canada’s most prolific and successful producers of contemporary theatre. Inspired by three pillars of programming, Alberta Theatre Projects strives to Celebrate Creativity by producing a season of award‐winning contemporary theatre from across Canada and around the globe for the enjoyment of Calgary audiences; to Advance Innovation while playing a national leadership role in the development of new Canadian plays and playwriting talent through the Enbridge playRites Festival of New Canadian Plays; and, to Build Capacity by engaging in collaboration and mentorship, by offering new perspectives and a deeper appreciation to our existing audiences, and by inviting, encouraging and educating new audiences through the delivering of our LEGACY (Lifelong Education and Growth for Artists, Community and Youth) Program.
Alberta Theatre Projects is seeking a Part-Time Receptionist and Office Assistant to report to the Administrative team. The receptionist is our front-line contact with our community; therefore, this position requires a positive demeanor, professionalism, and excellent customer service skills. This is a part-time position consisting of 20 hours per week, 1:00pm to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
This position is responsible for:
Directing calls, visitors, and other communications for two busy offices
Interacting with customers, supporters, and community
Shipping and receiving
General administrative support
Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will:
Have excellent communication skills
Be professional and personable
Be highly organized and able to work in a faced-paced environment
Be computer savvy, proficient with Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook, Word, and Excel) and Windows OS
Knowledge of Tessitura software and a background in the arts is an asset, but not required.
Please direct your resume and cover letter to:
Business Manager, Alberta Theatre Projects
Deadline: Friday, August 3, 2012 at 5:00 pm. This opportunity will close early if an appropriate candidate is found before the deadline.
- Posted by tshannon on July 24th, 2012
This position is an integral member of the Marketing and Sales Department, and a key supporter to the executive management team of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra (CPO) providing administrative and technical support.
The candidate must demonstrate the core values of the Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra with particular emphasis on customer service, professionalism, sound judgment, and ethics.
- Posted by momo on July 13th, 2012
Situated in Calgary, Alberta, MoMo Dance Theatre is Western Canada’s first and only integrated dance theatre company. Founded in 2003, MoMo creates and performs its own work for performance in company shows and local theatre and dance festivals. MoMo offers regular classes to adults and youth of all abilities and is striving to expand its community programming. The company has a staff of three (Artistic Director, Administrator and Artistic Associate) and an annual operating budget of $130,000.00.
MoMo is seeking an Artistic Director to take responsibility for the overall artistic direction and administration of the company.
The successful candidate will have a degree in dance or community dance and 2 -3 years experience in dance education with diverse populations and community development work. Additionally the candidate will have a strong studio practice as both a teacher & choreographer with a CV and portfolio of professional work. With the ability to lead a small team, you should demonstrate excellent organizational and communication skills, have the ability to prioritize and work effectively under pressure. Skill and experience in overseeing the production of a show, grant and proposal writing and working effectively with a Board of Directors is expected. The position will commence on May 1, 2013.
For more information and a full description of the position, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume along with salary expectation to: email@example.com
This posting will remain open until the position is filled.
- Posted by gboyko on July 12th, 2012
Webber Academy is a non-profit, co-educational, non-denominational, accredited private school, offering grades Junior Kindergarten to Grade 12. The school is located on a beautiful 47 acre campus in South West Calgary. Our enrollment for the 2012-2013 school year is 865 students.
Webber Academy is seeking an enthusiastic candidate for the position of Performing Arts Centre Assistant. This is a full time, hourly position.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skill set:
- Experience operating and maintaining pro audio/video systems in a live performance setting. Experience with digital mixing consoles and live band set-ups required.
- Experience operating and maintaining theatrical lighting equipment.
-Experience with video editing and Powerpoint production.
-Mac and PC computer skills.
-Certification for scissor lift operation an asset.
-Ability to work on some physically demanding tasks.
-Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
-Punctuality and reliability a must.
-Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
All successful applicants will be required to submit a Security Clearance.
Please forward resume and cover letter to Mr. Grant Boyko, Performing Arts Centre Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posted by email@example.com on July 11th, 2012
filling Station magazine is seeking a volunteer Circulation Manager to direct and coordinate all distribution efforts. The Circulation Manager oversees the entire circulation process, ensures magazines are distributed in a timely fashion, and continuously strives to increase the magazine’s subscription base by developing and implementing various promotional activities. The Circulation Manager works to grow the magazine's circulation while improving filling Station's internal processes to deliver on subscriptions and report on sales performance.
filling Station is a local literary magazine produced in Calgary, which publishes innovative and original Canadian poetry, fiction, nonfiction, and art. By consistently providing an exciting contrast to more traditional literary and arts journals, filling Station remains unique within the Canadian and international literary landscape. filling Station is completely volunteer-run and thus the Circulation Manager position is unpaid. However, filling Station will offer the successful candidate a creative work environment, a chance to innovate, access to professional development opportunities, and valuable experience in the publishing industry.
Because filling Station is a dynamic, small organization, we can offer greater distribution and sales experience in this volunteer position than in paid positions elsewhere. As Circulation Manager you will own the work of an entire department, a substantial responsibility, and have significant impact on the growth of the magazine. As this is a pivotal role, it requires sustained effort; a time commitment of 5 hours per week can be expected, with a greater workload at peak production times.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• fulfilling orders from online Shopify customers, libraries across North America via EBSCO, and mailed requests
• mailing magazines to customers within a week of order
• logging order information in Subscriber Database and maintaining the document’s accuracy
• gaining thorough knowledge of Canada Post regulations, rates, and discounts
• organizing mailouts
• acquiring and retaining paid and controlled subscribers
• writing and distributing renewal letters
• planning, executing, and analyzing circulation marketing plans
• keeping an inventory of filling Station issues
• analyzing sales data
• a meticulous eye for detail
• a self-starting personality
• ability to work independently with little supervision
• strong analytical and data collection skills
• advanced Microsoft Excel and Word skills
• experience with Shopify, Paypal, and Zinio an asset
• motivation to run your own department, taking pride in developing and maintaining a superior product distribution system
• previous experience in circulation management, distribution, and/or supply chain an asset
• interest in Canadian literature an asset
• ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment
• a creative marketing mind
• aptitude for problem solving
• superior communication and interpersonal skills
• professionalism required to be an ambassador for filling Station
If you are eager to help grow our exciting, alternative literary magazine, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting Circulation Manager Position in the subject line. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We hope to hear from you soon.
- Posted by tshannon on July 5th, 2012
CALGARY PHILHARMONIC ORCHESTRA
POSITION PROFILE: Associate Director of Marketing & Sales
GREAT PEOPLE, GREAT MUSIC!
The Calgary Philharmonic Orchestra is looking for an Associate Director of Marketing & Sales to provide leadership and support as a key member of our Marketing & Sales Department. This senior position reports primarily to the Director, Marketing & Sales and secondarily to the President & CEO. Join our team and help keep the music – LIVE!
See attached job profile for more details and how to apply.
- Posted by Vertigo Theatre on June 29th, 2012
Vertigo Theatre seeks a dynamic individual for the position of Bar Services Manager. Reporting to the Business Manager, the Bar Services Manager is a key contributor to the growth of this revenue stream. He/she is responsible for the planning and implementation of Vertigo’s Bar and Concession Services Plan, ensuring that patrons receive outstanding customer service, scheduling and supervising other bartenders, ordering and inventory of stock, and ensuring that beverage service is in compliance with Vertigo’s policies and the AGLC. It is expected that this individual is the primary Bartender.
The successful candidate shall be people and action-oriented and consistently display energy and enthusiasm. He/she shall have bartending experience and possess superior customer service, supervisory, inter-personal and cash management.
Vertigo Theatre is a highly successful charitable society with an operating budget of $2.5M. Its mission is to be a leader in developing, producing and presenting plays based in the mystery genre, and plays for young audiences, while providing a performance home for other organizations. Its vision is to create exceptional entertainment experiences.
Vertigo Theatre is positioning itself for its next stage of artistic evolvement, making it a very exciting time for the organization. It currently occupies a unique place in Calgary’s cultural landscape as:
• One of the only professional companies in the world producing a series of plays based in the mystery genre (Vertigo Mystery Theatre)
• The only theatre in Calgary presenting a series of plays of national importance for children and teens during the regular theatre season (Y Stage)
• Providing a performance home for other arts and arts education organizations (Vertigo Theatre Centre).
This is a part-time seasonal position of approximately 15 hours per week, commencing September 2012 and ending June 2013. Shifts are evenings and weekends, coinciding with performances held at Vertigo Theatre Centre. Interested applicants should submit a letter of interest and resume by July 31st to Evelyn Goj, Business Manager at email@example.com. More information on Vertigo Theatre and the position can be found on www.vertigotheatre.com.
- Posted by NMC Chad on June 28th, 2012
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Research Assistant plays an important support role to the National Music Centre Campaign team. Working with volunteers and staff, the Research Assistant will research and develop research profiles on prospective National Music Centre supporters. The Research Assistant will also analyze the information gathered and make recommendations about engaging the prospect for the cultivation and solicitation of support for the National Music Centre Campaign.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Meeting the research needs of development staff and enabling them to meet fundraising goals.
- Use both standard and novel research techniques and tools to identify new prospects and complete donor background requests.
- Create profile reports tailored to development staff specifications.
- Analyze development reports for prospect linkage, interest and ability to support the National Music Centre Campaign.
- Review local and national news and business publications, keeping abreast of prospect information and local and national business developments and economic trends.
- Utilizing Raiser’s Edge to track/store profile data.
- Supporting the Database Administrator in data entry, report creation, mailing list generation and gift processing as required
- Safeguard the confidentiality of donor information at all times and adhere to ethical and confidentiality guidelines.
- Other duties as assigned
The Research Assistant position is the primary support role for all collection activities. The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree, enrolled in a graduate program resuming in the fall of 2012.
- The ability to make sound judgment, demonstrate the ability and fortitude to identify new prospects and sources of information and analyze information.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and attention to detail.
- Experience working in the non-profit sector and with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Extensive computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft office software, Raiser’s Edge, searching online databases and the Internet.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and meet goals in a timely manner.
- Director of Development
- Development Staff
This position is a full time term contract from July to September 2012.
Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter on or before July 9, 2012 to:
Director of Development
134 - 11th Avenue SE Calgary AB T2G 0X5
or e-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org